T1C and T2C
The sole T1C (Fablok 192/1928) during final assembly at the manufacturer’s premises. Collection Bogdan Pokropiński; source: PNPP.
Side drawing of the T1C; source: as above.
One of two T2Cs built; location and date unknown. Source: as above.
Side drawing of the T2C; source: as above.
Pierwsza Fabryka Lokomotyw w Polsce S.A. (First Locomotive Factory in Poland JSC), commonly known as Fablok, was founded in May 1919 and their first product was class Tr21 freighter, developed by Austrian StEG. Apart from line locomotives for PKP, Fablok also built a number of standard-gauge tank locomotives for industry. First such vehicle was type T1C, a small two-axle engine running on saturated steam, with slide valves and Heusinger valve gear. The sole example of this type (192/1928) was sold to Wysoka cement plant and remained in use there until 1952. Little is known on its service and most probably it was scrapped.
Two subsequent locomotives from Fablok, 193/1928 and 194/1928 (factory type T2C), differed only in details. Externally the most visible difference was lack of external steam pipes from boiler dome to cylinders. The former was originally delivered to a quarry in Upper Silesia, but proved too weak and was later sold to Mątwy sugar plant, probably in 1930. The latter was displayed at the Wilno Fair in 1929 and then sold to a chemical plant in Tomaszów Mazowiecki. It was reportedly used there until 1950, but confirmation is lacking. None of these locomotives has been preserved.
Main technical data
References and acknowledgments
- Fablok factory list (compiled by Attila Kirchner);
- www.parowozy.net (website by Michał ‘Doctor’ Pawelczyk).